Monday, July 9, 2012

A Day of Thanks...

Happy Thanksgiving Independence Day

Independence Day is easily is my favorite holiday because I'm always reminded of how much I'm thankful for (yes, very similar if not identical to the  Thanksgiving tradition).  It's often a tradition in my family that every 4th of July, we would gather around the dinner table and each person would say what they are thankful for (again, it is also perfectly acceptable for this tradition to occur on Thanksgiving Day). 

Now that I live in Chicago, and my family is hundreds of miles away, I decided that the tradition had to continue!  This year, in the midst of all the patriotic outfits, dancing, drinking and laughter, I stopped to watch everything going around me and it really made me thankful for all the wonderful things and people in my life.  For instance...


1) I'm so thankful for the Hot dog pants.  These pants are known as the traveling "Keg Stand Pants" for our group (and yes, AH is eating a hot dog while wearing the pants)

Definition of Keg Stand Pants:  Keg Stand pants are the pants that are bought into a house party so the ladies who are wearing dresses can pull them on to do a keg stand without showing off their "goodies" to everyone in attendance. 

  2) I'm so thankful that we have the freedom to eat whatever we want, whenever we want. If you want a funnel cake at 3:00PM on a Wednesday, all you have to do is ask!



3) I'm so happy that we have such a talented group of friends who love to show off their crafts at random
(Crafts include but are not limited to:  French braiding, modeling, and shooting off champagne corks the manliest way possible)

      
   4)  I'm so thankful that Pinterest has entered our lives so our experimenting with food will generate more successful results!



 5) But most of all, I'm so thankful to have found such an amazing Chicago family.  They are a fantastic melting pot of people who absolutely enjoy being around each other, fully support one another and are always up for a great time
(please note that a few key members of the fam are missing...sorry MM & BB!)


 
Our lovely hostesses



 "Mere-ica"


 "Party Al"



Almost perfect family photo (BB is still missing and nice face JF!)

What are you all thankful for? :-)

Until next time...

Lue


1 comment:

  1. Sure do wish I could come over wear those hot dog pants and do a funnel cake stand!

    ReplyDelete